Legal Help To Make Modifications Do Your Decree

As years move along after a divorce, many things change in people's lives. Jobs are lost. Kids grow older. New relationships are formed. Texas courts know that divorce judgments sometimes need to change. Making the formal modification through the legal system is the only way to make sure your changes will be backed by the courts.

If you need to modify your Texas conservatorship or possession (custody and visitation) order, your spousal maintenance or child support order, call me, attorney Amy Ford at my office in Dallas. I will explain the process and help you meet your goals.

Courts Are More Likely To Agree If Both Parties Have Resolved Disputes

If you need to make a modification, or if you are fighting a proposed modification by your ex-spouse, the courts are more likely to agree if disputed issues have been resolved ahead of time. Before filing the formal modification request, I will sit down with the other party to come to terms of an agreement that meets your needs.

Don't Act Outside Of The Courts For Modifications And Enforcement

While it may seem like a cost-effective way to modify your original court order, don't work out an informal agreement with the other party. As things change again, you may need to make further modifications that may result in a serious dispute. Courts will not recognize your informal agreement and you will be left with no legal leg to stand on. I am ready to help you get things done correctly, through the legal process.

An Experienced Lawyer For Enforcement Of Family Law Orders

Divorce and paternity orders are court judgments. Violating them can result in civil as well as criminal penalties. If you are unable to meet your decree obligation or you need assistance with enforcing part of your possession, maintenance or child support order, schedule a consultation to discuss your situation. Informal arrangements will hold no legal weight in Texas courts if they eventually fall apart.


I represent clients in modification matters throughout the Dallas metropolitan area. Call 972-591-1890 or send an email explaining your circumstances.